Causes of dementia Is a discussion of the causes of dementia What is dementia this time. Causes of dementia according to scientists (Nugroho, 2008) can be classified into three (3) major categories, namely:
Dementia with no known etiology
Dementia syndrome with a disease that essentially unknown etiology, often not found in this class of cerebral atrophy, abnormalities may be found at the subcellular or biochemical enzyme system, or the metabolism such as those found in Alzheimer's disease and senile dementia.
Dementia syndrome with unknown etiology but not yet curable, the main cause in this class include:
- Spino-cerebellar degeneration disease.
- Leuko-encephalitis subacute sclerotic van Bogaert
- Khorea Huntington
- Creutzfeld-Jacob disease, etc.
Sindroma dementia etiology of the disease that can be treated, in this class include:
- Cerebro disease kardiofaskuler
- Metabolic Diseases
- nutritional disorders
- Due to chronic intoxication
- hydrocephalus communicans
Thank you for visiting.
What is Demensia