Types of Dementia is the topic of my discussion on What is Dementia today. In my opinion, Types of Dementia is a very necessary thing for us all know.
Types of dementia can be evaluated from the cause. Here are some types of dementia based on the cause:
- Primary dementia caused by damage to brain tissue. These include Alzheimer's disease, frontal lobe dementia and Pick's disease. Frontal lobe dementia is caused by a genetic disorder, in which the mutated gene and affects the part of the forebrain. Pick's disease is a fairly rare type of type of dementia that is characterized as a primary cause of the loss of social skills, language, and memory is a progressive and eventually leads to personality changes.
- Multi-infarctdementia (MD) or also called vascular dementia. This type is caused by blood clots in small blood vessels in the brain. When a blood clot to stop the blood supply to the brain, the brain cells become damaged and even die. (Infarcts is an area that died because of interference with the circulation).
- Lewy body dementia. Lewy Body Dementia is the area of damage is found in the nerve cells in several parts of the brain. Related to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Marked with a trembling hand, acute memory loss, muscle stiffness, and walking with dragging feet. However, it can not be sure Penelitianpun with Lewy body dementia is a type of dementia or Alzheimer's disease or a variant of Parkinson.
- Dementia associated with alcoholism or heavy metals (arsenic, antimony, bismuth).
- Dementia associated with the disease that infects. These infections can be caused by viruses (eg, HIV), spirochetes (a bacterium), for example, Lyme disease, syphilis, or prions (protein particle that lacks nucleic acid), for example, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Dementia associated with abnormalities in brain structure. Associated with the formation of spinal fluid in the brain (hydrochephalus), tumor, or a collection of blood under the membrane that covers the brain (subdural hemoatoma)
What is Dementia